Keeping You Covered: Employment Basics for Land Trusts
Instructors: Lach Zemp, Harry Pollack
Land trusts are in the business of conserving and protecting land, but to be effective, organizations need to have the right people in place all working together productively. Employment related issues are on the rise requiring organizations to navigate what can sometimes be a complex array of employment laws (good intentions don’t count). What’s the conscientious executive director or board chair to do? In this webinar, attorneys Lach Zemp and Harry Pollock will cover some of the basics of what you need to know about hiring and managing employees and common-sense strategies to avoid employee claims and disputes.
How will you benefit from this webinar?
- Understand the different types of employees and the risks associated with each type (including volunteers, seasonal and part-time employees)
- Outline the basic provisions needed in contracts for different types of employees
- Learn some key topics to include in employee handbooks
- How the Americans with Disabilities Act affects your hiring and employment practices
- An overview of employment discrimination laws and illegal retaliation claims.
Access to this recording will expire on December 31, 2019, and is subject to availability of the AdobeConnect service.