Full Title: Mergers, Assignments and Dissolution: Stewarding Conservation Easements During Transition
Instructors: Cheryl Cufre, Andrew Norman, Rick Remington
Is your land trust facing a merger or taking on easements from an organization that is dissolving or shifting its mission? If so, there’s a lot to think through in assessing and stewarding your new or incoming portfolio. Join stewardship experts Cheryl Cufre, Colorado Open Lands, and Andrew Norman and Rick Remington, Landmark Conservancy, as they discuss what you need to know about stewarding easements acquired through merger, dissolution or assignment.
Here’s a look at what will be covered:
- Developing an effective process to keep everyone sane
- Financial implications of merging portfolios and budgeting tips
- Strategies for merging information and ensuring files are complete
- Strategies for merging stewardship cultures and philosophies
- How to communicate effectively with landowners, donors and other stakeholders
- Accreditation requirements
Access to this recording will expire on December 31, 2022, and is subject to availability of the AdobeConnect service.