How to Start a Successful Planned Giving Program
Instructors: Jessica McDonald, Rashida Moore, Mindy Tuttle
It’s become almost trite to say COVID changed everything, but when it comes to planned giving the saying rings true. During the pandemic an unprecedented number of people took the opportunity to develop their estate plans. With trillions of dollars set to be transferred over the next 40 years, it’s the right time for land trusts to start or retool their planned giving programs.
Join Rashida Moore and Mindy Tuttle, Land Trust Alliance, and Jessica McDonald, Greenbelt Land Trust, for an introductory webinar that lays out best practices in starting a planned giving program. Jessica will also take us on a deep dive into what makes Greenbelt Land Trust’s planned giving program so successful, including how they recently obtained a bequest of over $1 million.
Here’s a look at what we’ll cover:
- Overview of the planned giving outlook
- Best practices in starting a planned giving program
- How to engage donors at all levels in your planned giving program
- Breaking the taboo about death - how to talk to people about their estate plans
- Strategies for integrating or upgrading planned giving donors into your other giving programs
Access to this recording will expire on December 31, 2022, and is subject to availability of the AdobeConnect service.