Getting Started with Remote Monitoring
Instructors: Naomi Houle, Jake Faber
Monitoring from the air can be a great solution for land trusts who are struggling with COVID restrictions or who need to monitor large numbers of properties with a small staff or cadre of volunteers. But where to start? In this webinar, Jake Faber, Land Trust Alliance, and Naomi Houle, Society for the Protection of New Hampshire Forests, discuss how to get a program started and provide tips for successful remote monitoring programs. As an added bonus, we will share information about upcoming training and grant opportunities the Alliance will be offering to support land trusts that are interested in using remote monitoring technologies.
Here’s a look at what we will cover:
- How to implement a monitoring program as a supplement to ground monitoring, including meeting accreditation requirements
- How to identify a technology partner to provide imagery
- How to determine image requirements for adequate monitoring - restriction dependent
- What to include in a remote imagery monitoring report
- How to address landowner concerns
Access to this recording will expire on December 31, 2022, and is subject to availability of the AdobeConnect service.