Easement Stewardship Conundrums: Weddings, Solar Panels, Insufficient Baselines and More
Instructors: Megan Knott, Dave Rimmer
Is your land trust dealing with difficult conservation easement stewardship issues? Are you having a difficult time interpreting easement language, especially in older documents? Well, you are certainly not alone! Across the country, land trusts are facing a wide range of easement-related issues, from simple to complex, and resolving them often requires a very deliberate, thoughtful and sometimes creative process of working with the landowner for a mutually beneficial outcome. Join stewardship directors Megan Knott (CO) and Dave Rimmer (MA) as they discuss a range of challenging stewardship issues and approaches to resolutions.
How will you benefit from this webinar?
- Explore strategies for positively resolving such easement issues as:
- Minor violations including dumping, storage, impactful vehicle use
- Easement encroachment or third-party trespass
- Requests for uses, commercial or otherwise, like weddings or recreational activities, that are not clearly addressed in the easement
- Requests to introduce alternative energy generation or utility corridors, that are not clearly addressed in the easement
- Requests to produce controversial crops like marijuana or hemp
- Requests to clean up or restore damage from natural disasters
- Get tips for updating insufficient baselines
- Share your own stewardship conundrums and creative resolution strategies
Access to this recording will expire on December 31, 2019, and is subject to availability of the AdobeConnect service.